Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suffering from irregular periods and PCO. Done scan, found normal uterus, taking Duoluton. Suggestion?

hello doctor, i have irregular periods, pco problem, i dont have thyroid , but still facing periods problem i am taking duoluton l its a 3 cycle then after that i have to stop that tablet for 3 months. is it good to take leaving 3 months gap and have it again.from 2007 i am facing this problem i have a child 13yr old. normal delivery.he born in 1999.taking treatment in big hospital. they said nothing to worry. because my utres is normal no cycst well and good. give me some sugesstion
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Jan 2016
Hallow Dear,

If you are worried only with the irregular menses, the treatment is to regularize it with the hormones. Since, in ultrasonography, no other abnormality is visualized and you are not looking for pregnancy, you need not worry about the formation of eggs.

Primolut N is a progesterone. The withdrawal bleeding of progesterone is less. Hence only progesterone preparation is not continued indefinitely; otherwise the menstrual bleeding goes on diminishing progressively. After three months, Primolut is discontinued in the hope that the menstrual cycle will regularise. If it does not, some other steps, like surgical intervention may have to be considered.

Instead, there is another option of taking combined pills containing both, Oestrogen and Progesterone. Since this combination contains Oestrogen also, the withdrawal bleeding does not go on diminishing progressively; hence such treatment can be taken for a longer period.

If your menses are on the heavier side, Primolut will be a good option for you while if they are normal or lesser side, you may prefer combination pills.

I hope you have got the query resolved. If you need any more information, you may ask me direct question or contact me on
Answered: Tue, 4 Aug 2015
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor