Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suffering from interstitual cystitis. What is the person who does massages for this condition called?

This condition I.C. interstitual cystitis (sp?) is so very painful and uncomfortable. I am looking for the professional language for someone who does massages or other treatment and therapy for this condition. I would like to find this information to get my medical insurance to pay for this. I cannot pay cash or out of pocket for the P.T. or massages that is recommened for this condition.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Interstitial Cystitis is characterized by symptoms like urinary frequency day and night, dull suprapubic pain relieved to some extent by bladder emptying.
The main feature is presence of small hemorrhages on distension of the bladder.

Research has proven that symptoms can be worsened by stress, anxiety, depression. So, I advice you to try avoiding these. Pelvic floor physical therapy (PT) may be recommended to decrease tightness in these muscles. This can decrease pain as well as urinary symptoms like urgency and frequency. Some physical therapists will be specially trained to perform this kind of pelvic soft tissue manipulation and rehabilitation.

Hope this helps!
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor