Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Suffering from insomnia after having an accident.

Hi doctor, I had a bad accident a month ago and fell hard on my upper back and head , since then i have had strange sleeping patterns from insomnia with no sleep for days to constantly fatique. I have had severe headches to the point where my vision is impaired, constant nausea and im having extreme hairloss to where its actually caused balled spots, i went to a gp that thinks it may be shingles since i ve had that many times in the past. I also been getting strange sores on my skin in sensitive areas and im constantly dehydrated after drinking loads of water. I am 22yrs of age. Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
shingles can occur any period of your life time.its basically due to reactivation of virus.this especially happens when your immunity is low or during times of stress.any from of stress in form of physical or otherwise.since you have mentioned in the past there have been many episodes of it its very likely for it to come again.the more the episodes more is the reccurence.
usually starts with headache/facial pain some amount of redness in from of rash on oneside of face follwed by skin erruptions, fever, impairement occur later.thsi is usual pattern but can come otherwise.
in your case have you got skin erruptions in from of vesicles? these are very charecteristic.usually recurrent attcks are advised to take prophylaxis for a year following the attack,have you been taking any? each recurrent attack eye affection can be would be better to take an opinion of ophthalmologist
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor