Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hypothyroid condition. Taking eltroxin. TSH levels normal. How to increase weight?

Sir m XXXXX 25 yrs unmrd women. for last 7-8yrs i do have hypothyroid i.e TSH level 12.23, 7.56, 5.23 like tat m regularly taking eltroxin50mcg. but for last 8-9mnths my tsh is normal 0.27, 0.64 n m taking eltroxin 25mcg. but my major prob is m too thin n skinny. pls suggest me is there any med to help me for weight gaining? so many doctors i hd visited n gone through various treatments but nthing helps me out.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
There may be a misplaced notion in your mind about your weight.
Since you have not mentioned your height and weight,I am not in a position to comment anything.
The best would be to calculate your BMI and if you find that your BMI is less or on lower side of normal range,you may consult a dietician and then follow his/ her advice.
Answered: Sat, 23 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor