Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hyperthyroidism with enlarged goiter, diabetic, advised surgery. Alternatives ?

Sir, For the past two years I have been suffering from Hyper thyroidism with enlarged goitre and for the ten months Diabetic also joined with thyroid and I am undergoing medication but the goitre did not shrink, Dr s prefer surgery, but i am not interested in surgery and long term medication that too allpathy. Can I have a remedy
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You are known patient of Hyperthyroidism with Goiter You have been taking medicines for the same but Goiter has not resolved In majority of the patient simple Goiter gets complicated into Toxic Goiter affecting the cardiovascular system and sometimes undergo malignant changes.So it is always better to under go surgery of Thyroidectomy done.Though you are diabetic there in no danger in getting operated.
Answered: Mon, 26 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor