Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hypertension, diabetes, high TSH levels. Prescribed medicines. Any suggestions?

respected doctor,namaskar i am 43 years old i am, suffering from hypertension on 2nd dec. 2010 .Now i am suffreing from diabeties from last 15 days because my monitoring blood glucose at randomly at that time blood sugar is 488 after that some investigations done in which sereum cretinene was .8 glycated hameoglobin was 9.2 and pcb 35.2 mcb 77.52 rdwcb 17.3 tsh 5.23 hdl 31 ldl 149 hdl:ldl=4.81 this was reported on 24/12/2012 after that i am, taking the following drugs-- 1. amlodipine atenalol 1bd glimiorid 2mg+ metmorpin 500mg 1bd thyroxine 25mg 1 od 4. tab atorbastatin 20 mg 1 od these druge should be taken regularly today blood sugar random is 215 please give the expert opinion to the patient so patient should be careful about your opinion. your sincerely dr. neeru
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are having Hypertension,Type II Diabetes,Dyslipidemia and possibly sub clinical hypothyroid state,
Your treatment as per your need,for control of hypertension ACE inhibitor like Ramipril is drug of choice, Please take your treatment regularly,Your goal of LDL is < 70mg, and HDL is >45 mg/dl.
Please take care of diet and regular exercise also so as to keep yourself near ideal weight.
If by chance you smoke or drink please stop both.
Your TSH is only borderline high so recheck it if supplementation of thyroxine can be reviewed.
If your blood sugar is not controlled consider adding a long acting insulin once a day.
Please check FBS,PPBS at regular intervals and HbA1c every 3 month to know status of control of Diabetes.
Hope this information helps.
Take care
Good Luck
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Azhar's  Response
Her Glycosylated Hb is 09.2 that shows poor glycemic control. She should have random blood sugar less than 200 and fasting 110. She should take regular medicine for that and good exercise and avoid sweets. She should have Glycosylated Hb checked every 06 months and Fasting lipid profile and TFTs twice yearly. She should have eye consultation and creatinine every yearly to check for complications of Diabetes and Hypertension.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor