Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hyper pigmentation problem in cheeks and upper arms and back. Effective solution to solve the problem?

Hi, I m a 14 year old black girl . I used to have acne for 2 years but it has gone now but I have been left with hyperpigmentation on my cheeks, upper arms and upper back. I am currently using Lush products (only cleanser, toner and moisturiser) which have been working well. However, I would like a very effective solution that would hopefully solve my hyperpigmentation please. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
thanks for using Health Care magic .

I would be pleased to answer your question

For the hyperpigmentation , the best option is to get your skin exfoliated by a better method like a glycolic acid peel done every 15 days . A better option for you would be to visit a Dermatologist to avail of these peels . Alternative peel treatments like trichloroacetic acid are also very useful .
i would suggest you get your skin examined by the dermatologist .

for a home based treatment , Application of Vitamin C based serum can be safe over long run.

Thanks and take care .
Answered: Wed, 16 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor