Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from high BP and Cholesterol. Suggest a diet to lower cholesterol and sugar?

Age 26, high BP 140/100, sugar fasting 108 and cholesterol levels high as well. Have incurred a drastic change in lifestyle in last 6 months after moving from Denmark to India. Working out daily 45 mins incl cardio and weights. Can you recommend me a diet to lower cholesterol and sugar? I live in India so a bit away from healthy life style.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You will need a Glucose Tolerance Test...

Continue exercise - there are Gyms in every city.

Follow a diet plan - The quantity must be reduced and the quality changed. Avoid fat - double the calorie like carbohydrate. You need detailed discussion for sugar and cholesterol reducing diet - see a god dietician / several sessions of discussion will be required.

Health Care Magic can help to locate one.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor