Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suffering from high BP. No medicine. Used natural remedies. Any treatment without having medicine?

I am suffering from very high blood pressure at times, I do not use prescription medicine since I had very bad side effect, I decided to use natural remedies like exercise, diet control and trying to quit smoking. Recently the reading from bp machine was shocking, I do not want to use prescription medicine, what can I do?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Blood pressure is a silent killer.
There are no symptoms, until a catastrophe strikes...
It will damage the heart (attack), brain (paralysis), kidney (failure) and/or eyes.
It should be controlled...

Life style changes like diet and exercise / stopping tobacco and alcohol - have a small and definite role - but it is very much limited...

"Had a very bad side effect" is not a valid explanation for refusing the drug...
There are several classes of drugs and there are several drugs in each class
It is possible to find one that will suit almost every individual.

See a cardiologist or nephrologist
It is dangerous to have high BP and avoid drugs - it is risk, not worth taking...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Sukhvinder Singh's  Response
Dear Mr. Alex
thanks for your query to HC magic.
the treatment of high blood pressure or hypertension has two arms. one is medicines and other one is life style modifications. life style modifications include optimization of weight, low salt diet, DASH diet plan, regular exercise, moderation of alcohol intake, stop smoking, meditation and mental relaxation.
if one has very high levels of blood pressure or he already has end-organ damage or life style modifications are not adequate to control the BP one has to take medicines. if one kind of medicines have produced unacceptable side effects we can always choose the other group. do not compromise on that. as far as allopathy is concerned you are supposed to take medicines in this scenario.
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are hypertensive and not taking any drug,you must understand that high BP is silent most of the times hence we need to take care of BP carefully.
These are life style modification which can reduce BP to certain degree like reducing salt consumption to
There are many scientific studies which proved beyond doubt that treatment of hypertension reduces complications and reduces morbidity and mortality.
There are so may drugs from different class that if one is not tolerated than some other may be tried.
It is not our choice not to take prescription medicines if you need it you have to take it it is in your benefit.
Take care
Good Luck
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor