Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hernia. Should i go for laparoscopic or open surgery ?

my aunty is having heranya in lower stomach for the past three years.. which option we can choose for operation labrascopic or open surgery .. she is having loose skin in stomach also...
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The type of operation you need to go for in your aunts case can be decided by your doctor by keeping in mind few things:-
-the size of hernia
-whether it will be just a repair of hernia or she will require mesh (net) to be put to correct the hernia.
-her general physical condition or if she has blood pressure or diabetes.
These are few things the operating surgeon will consider & then he will advise the type of surgery you can go for.So it is a better option to discuss in detail with the operating doctor ;he will be the better person to decide.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Sat, 16 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor