Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suffering from headache, power in eyes which will increase with age. How to prevent increase?

My five years old daughter was squeezing her eyes for the last one week& headache . On examination, she is found to have a cylindrical power of minus -3.5 (right eye) and minus -4.0 (left eye). The doctor told us that this would increase with age. Is it true? How can we prevent it from increasing? Will constant use of spectacles help? What should be her TV / computer usage in a day?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM portal.
The power in this case will keep on increasing till about 18 years of age.Computer work TV will not increase the power and constant wearing will not prevent the progress.
You have to take care of the diet of child,good healthy diet and a healthy body will help and as such that is what is all you can do.General debility and poor health may increase the rate of progression of power.
take care of the health of child,she can have contact lenses in her teens and at 22 can have surgery to remove glasses,once the power stabilizes for 2 years.
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor