Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suffering from headache. CT scan report showing calcified granulomas in the right parietal and left frontal lobe with no edema. What does it mean?

Hi Doctor! greetings! may i ask you a question about CT scan? its says:- calcified granulomas in the right pariental and left frontal love with no e/o perilesional edema or mass effect seen.........this report is of my father.....he is suffering from headache and geedy for 5 months ..he can not sleep...please do something to him..
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  156
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
The calcified granulomas are not producing any increase in the pressure in the head or edema and therefore is not the cause of your father's headache. Such granulomas are sometimes found on MRIs. Dead worm (cysticerus) or healed tuberculomas are the main causes.
You should get your father examined by a doctor. He may decide to treat him with medicines like analgesics for symptomatic relief or to investigate further for the cause of headache.
Answered: Sat, 20 Sep 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor