Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hair loss, have high blood pressure. Is there any cure for androgenetic alopecia?

hi, I am 41 yr old female ,indian. I have a problem of hairloss since last 10 years and now I am fully bald. I have high blood pressure for last 8 yrs for that i am taking concor and approvel medicines.I have tried minoxidil1%,3%chronostim, I saw some result after using 6 months when i stop these lotions l lose my hair.At present doctor recommended well woman trichology and anastim,can i use these or is there any cure for androgenetic alopecia? please help
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
To treat androgenetic alopecia in females only one product is FDA approved
Minoxidil solution 2 percent 1ml twice daily

Anti androgens like cyproterone, aldactone etc are also given if response to minoxidil alone is not good. If with minoxidil you had good response, you should continue it as in androgenetic alopecia once the treatment is stopped hair reverts back to its original state. So you might need to continue life long with minoxidil. Other treatment like anastim, chronostim can be used as adjuvant therapy only not as a mainstay treatment.
If your hair fall is too much, with almost complete baldness then go with surgical option like hair transplant.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor