Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hair loss. Prescribed methycobal injection, biotin tablets. Will they help in hair growth?

Hai sir,I am 24 years old...I am having hair problem since 5 i check with doctor..they take a blood test for vitamin level...i have vitamin d-14.98 ,vitamin b12-105 and folic acid-6.62.. tsh is 1.05... doctor recognise me methycobal injection 1000 mcg...and biotin tablet....My doubt,whether my hair will be grown
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  387
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
Vitamins are required for normal growth of hair. Specially vit B 12 that is cobalamine is very important.
You can take cobalamine tablets. I dont think there is need to take injection.
Apart from this please apply minoxidil 5 % solution twice daily.
This will improve your hair and also there will be regrowth.
Only thing is that it will take some time to show its effect.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor