Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Suffering from gynecomastia since pre-teen. How to remove extra breast tissue without surgery?

I have had gynecomastia since i was pre-teen. i am currently 30 still suffering with it. I have done diets and lost substantial amount of weight but the chest does not seem to go away. Should i see a general phys. or a specialist to treat the extra breast tissue without getting surgery? What type of medication treats this?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query..
Gynecomastia can be pubertal which regresses on its own or due to hormonal imbalances or side effects of some drugs..
You can use some hormonal supplements (androgens) initially.
Surgery would be the final option if the medical treatment doesn't reduce the size..
You can consult an endocrinologist/surgeon...
Hope I helped with my answer.. Will be available for further queries...
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The extra breast tissue is seen due to hormonal issues or liver problems. If the organic problems have been ruled out after proper investigations, then surgical removal is the only way to reduce the size.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Oncologist, Surgical Dr. Rohan Khandelwal's  Response
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. If the gynecomastia is persisting for so long, it will not respond to any medications and will have to be surgically removed. Surgery for this condition is a minor procedure and can be done as a day care procedure.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor