• question-icon

Suffering from gonorrhoea. Prescribed clarinova, fcz tablets. VRDL-non reactive, HIV tests. Cure?

hello dr. m suffring 4m gonorrhea , i shown to a surgen specialist he suggested me some tests (vdrl-nonreactive, 2 hr ppbs-90g/dl and hiv- which i have to do on coming monday),dr. prescribed the medicines(clarinova 500mg-twice a day, and fcz 150mg-one tab in a week). am afraid of this diseas so kindally provide the full information about gonorrhea and about its treatment. kindly suggest me the medicines also.
Wed, 9 Jan 2013
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

Once diagnosis established Gonorrhea is not difficult to be treated. Go with you Doctor's prescription. If it fails he will guide with alternate medicines. There are like chances of co infections of other STD. As you doctor already advised you Blood VDRL, HIV, he is going in correct direction.
You will be alright soon,

Dr S.Murugan