Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suffering from giddiness, abdominal discomfort, irregular blood pressure, coughing up blood. H pylori found in endoscopy. Advice?

hello, I am an 84 year old man. I have been suffering from giddiness and irregular blood pressure for a few months now. After consuming dairy and oily products, I would experience occasional abdominal discomfort and sometimes cough some blood out. I have also been experiencing from some burning pain. I have been smoking for the past 50 years too. I also underwent an endoscopy procedure and they found helicobacter pylori . What do you think I am suffering from?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello and thanks for writing in at HCM
I am a General and Family Physician. Their is strong indication according to the symptoms you have explained in your mail that you are suffering for Peptic Ulcers.
A peptic ulcer is a sore on the lining of the stomach or duodenum, the beginning of the small intestine. Peptic ulcers are of two types: A peptic ulcer in the stomach is called a gastric ulcer. One that occurs in the duodenum is called a duodenal ulcer. People can have both gastric and duodenal ulcers at the same time. They also can develop peptic ulcers more than once in their lifetime.
A bacterium called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a major cause of peptic ulcers. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin and ibuprofen, are another common cause. Smoking adds up to the discomfort.
Inspite of Peptic Ulcers, some giddiness or abdominal/epigastric discomfort are due to Heart disease, we cant forget this at your age. As you are a heart patient, age is above 40, don't know about your Family History, Diabetic Mellitus, Obesity, you must go for cardiac check up.
My advice is to consult your family doctor and get in the right way of treatment.
Best wishes
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Bhatia
Health Care Magic
Answered: Sun, 8 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor