Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from gastritis. Taking medicine. Not cured. Proper diagnosis?

Since last one year, I have been suffering from ‘gas’ problem, if I consume very easily digestible food also, it produces gas and creates problems like heavy head and disturbance in sleep, if more then creates abdominal cramping. It generally starts 2-3 hrs after having a meal (seldom belching ). Motion- 2-3 times/day (semi solid consistency, smelly), rarely belching too. Almost once in 20 days/ a month, all of a sudden (with out cold, cough) I get fever (temp varies 99- 102F) and loose motion; fever persists for 4-5 days and get relief after taking antibiotic (like Quinolon derivative). Day by day, I am loosing weight (lost 8 kg in one year). In the very beginning stage, ulcer (with nodularity) was diagnosed in terminal part of ileum while performing colonoscopy and suspected for Koch’s or Chron’s disease [Endoscopy was normal]. Even though, in PCR and culture, TB was negative, Doctor prescribed medicines for TB (Intestinal) and continued for 5 moths; simultaneously, Pantoprazole and probiotics. In initial few days, got little improvement. In subsequent colonscopy, it was found that ulcer healed. But still problems persist. Doctor prescribed Rifaximin , first 200 mg, then 400 mg but no improvement. Again, BMFT, Hydrogen breath test , ultra sound was normal, P-ANCA, ASCA were negative. Kindly, diagnose the problem and guide me accordingly. For further queries, please revert back to me. Awaiting for reply.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  133
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You are definitely having some kind of GIT problem, you have been investigated yet no diagnosis is made .
You should go to Gastroenterologist if possible in good institute as there are some rare diseases they need high index of suspicion and proper investigation facilities to diagnose.
In my view you should be investigated for malabsrbtion syndromes by stool examination for fat content and blood test along with biopsy of duodenum 2nd part.
You should also go for allergy testing many individuals are sensitive to common food items which is not common in India that is why missed sometime like wheat(Gluten). that causes Coeliac disease belongs to auto immune disorders.
In case you are investigated fully and no cause is confirmed functional disorder like Irritable Bowel Syndrome is possibility.
Please take care
Good Luck.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Santu,
Greetings !
According to Ayurveda your diagnosis is Grahni roga. It is some what similar to IBS and Colitis.
As i was also a sufferer of such problem around 10 years back so i know its practical details much better. After that i have cured many such patients.
If you are interested in Ayurveda treatment then you can contact me. I might need more information depending on your dosha like Vata,Pitha and Kapha.
God Bless you !
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor