Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suffering from gastric ulcers, abdominal pain, vomiting blood. Low potassium levels. Cancer?

My mother has just been diagnosed with gastric ulcers , I noticed that the doctor is checking for cancer- lymphoma , carcinoma and h. pylori . Is this standard procedure? He ordered these tests via biopsies taken yesterday during an endoscopy. She had been vomitting blood, and had severe abdominal pain (was taken to ER) also her potassium was very low?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das
When an aged patient has gastric ulcer every doctor will search for any associated other disease like H.pylori. It is quite normal.
But what seems very odd to me is, the condition of your mother needs very close observation and resuscitation with compensating the bleeding and vomiting and low potassium level which may get very serious at times. And after stabilizing the patient then planning for these investigations will be necessary.
Answered: Fri, 31 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor