Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Suffering from gall bladder stone. Prescribed with digene. Pain due to overeating. What immediate care to take?

Patient is suffering from gallbladder stone . One and a half months ago, my grandmother was admitted to hospital for a week and doctor referred operation for her. Doctor prescribed Digene 3 times a day and a tablet which is used in case of pain. We want to avoid operation because of age factor. Now, she is facing with same pain again because of overeating. I tried to give her Epsom salt in a cup of water but she don t want to take it. Please advice what to do?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Pain after eating is possible in cholecystitis, pancreatitis and peptic ulcer disease.
Pain due to gall bladder stone is because of development of cholecystitis (swelling in gall bladder wall).
Gall stones causes pain in right upper quadrant of abdomen and patient may develop fever, vomiting and yellow discoloration of sclera and urine.
Digene is effective for acidity problems and have no effect on gall stones.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for repeat ultrasound imaging for detection of gall bladder wall thickening.
Your grand mother should take small amount of frequent meals.
Hope that helps.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor