Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fungal infection ringworm. Prescribed candid B cream. Suggest medicine?

hello sir,,

I'm a 31 year old married woman. I and my husband having fungal infection ringworm under thighs specially in joints. we are applying candid B cream and trying to other cautions like using loose undergarments, keeping that area dry. we haven't taken any oral tablets till now. Please suggest me some medicine. its really awful condition.

Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  978
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Fungal infections like Ringworm are usually treated with topical creams like Candid B and with home treatments like washing rashes with soap and water, keeping the area clean and dry. Sometimes oral prescription may be needed like fluconazole (Diflucan) and itraconazole (Sporanox). Grisactin 500 (Griseofulvin) is also used in fungal infections. Make sure you do not take these drugs with sleeping pills, birth control pills or warfarin. Do not use Candid B cream for more than 2 weeks.
If symptoms persist after 2 weeks of treatment then contact your dermatologist.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor