Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fever, cough, prescribed antibiotics, not soluble in water. Alternative soluble suspension?

gd evening Doctor, my son is suffering from fever last 2 days and is also having cough . today i consulted a doctor and he prescribed Fluxan syrup for fever, Dilot syrup for cough and Indiclav 375 tabs as antibiotics , but the thing is that indiclav 375 tabs are not soluble in water and quite bitter for disposal as my son is 3 years 10 months. kindly suggest me some other medicine in solvent suspension in place of Indiclav 375
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Tab Indiclav 375 consist of 250 mg Amoxicillin and 125 mg Clavulinic acid, you can use Augmentin duo syrup contains 200 mg Amoxicillin and 28.5 mg clavulinic acid. Drug dose depends on amoxicillin base 20-40 mg/kg/day in three divided doses. I think your child must be around 15 kgs, so you can give duo syrup 5 ml thrice a day.
I hope this answers your query effectively
With regards
Answered: Sun, 2 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
There are several substitutes of this medicine and they are
You may take oral suspension or dispersible tablet of any of these above mentioned medicine and give it in the dose as advised by your doctor.
Answered: Sun, 2 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor