Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suffering from fever. Prescribed cefoprox. Urine test shows pus cells. History of UTI. Urine infection?

hello, my son is 7 years old he had his routine urine examination done and found that there is pus cells present in the range of 4-6. he was having a fever of 100.5 for two days and was prescribed cefoprox but after two days he was having temperature of 104. as he had suffered from UTI two times 2 years before the urine test was asked to be done.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Having 4-6 pus cells in urine examine is not of much significance.
As your son is having high temperature, it requires evaluation.
But as higher antibiotic is started, wait for 2-3 days and see the result.
If there is no improvement then go for other investigations.
Give plenty of water and light diet.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor