Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from eye thrombosis. Taking regular medicine for high blood pressure, no sugar. Treatment?

Age of my father is 65 years. He is suffering with high blood pressure . His average systolic blood pressure is 175 and Diastolic is 98. He is taking medicine regularly for high blood pressure and hypertension but no remarkable improvements we are observing. Now his eyes are suffering for thrombosis . He has no sugar no other deices.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
as per standard opinion his diastolic blood pressure should be below 90..instead of 98, consult yr cardiologist/physician for this, to modify the medicine,get his full blood profile including cholesterol, blood urea, serum creatinine, ultrasound abdomen, 2D echo of heart ECG..etc..he should avoid oily food and added salt restrictions..must do some exercise/walking as per physician,
as far as eyes r concerned ..get his fundus examination of his eyes for hypertensive retinopathy, and IOP checked .. if there is leakage in the retinal vessels then fluroscien angiography of eye is know the involvement of which vessel , leakage site and accordingly its management by laser or by anyother means..kindly let me know the above tests report to tell u futher management..
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor