Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suffering from epididymo orchitis. Used cefipower, ultracet and calford. On Taxim injection. Pain in the testis, back pain and fever. How long will it take to cure?

Hi Doctor, I am suffering from Epididymo Orchitis from past 2 weeks. Consulted one doctor and based on his advise, i have been using Ultracet, Cefipower, Megafit, Calford tablets for 5 days, but there is not improvement. i have consulted another doctor and based on her advise i have been using Taxim 1gm injection for 5 days (twice a day with 12 hrs gap) followed by Nise and Bidgam medicines. Still i feel Pain in my right side of Testis, right side lower back pain , right side stomach pain and fever . how long it will take to general cure this infection? Please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  484
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
It takes about 7-10 days to cure after a complete course of proper antibiotic and anti-inflammatory. As you are still suffering form fever and pain, means you still have infection and inflammation of the part. consult your doctor and ask him to add another antibiotic to your treatment and if needed go for USG Scrotum and revise you treatment according to that.
Hope this will help you and tell me the progress after 3 days.
Best wishes
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor