Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from ear infection and neck swollen in the infected area. Prescribed antibiotics. Remedy?

I recently have taken my ear stretchers out... They were a 30mm and now they are out completely..after a night without them both in one of my ears has became infected I think as its weeping and inflamed. I am also worried about this because my neck has swollen up on the left side of my face.... The same side as the infected hole In My ear. I've been to the doctors and I'm on antibiotics but nothing is happening???
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding your ear infection and swelling of neck of same side. I would like to tell you that this neck swelling is most probably is due to enlargement of lymph nodes of neck secondary to ear infection, because lymphatics from ear goes and drain to neck glands of same side.

Second possibility of direct spread of infection from air cells of mastoid tip to neck spaces, here it will be a neck abscess.

To confirm it you should do-

(a) C.T.scan of affected ear.

(b) FNAC from neck swelling.

These two investigation will confirm the relationship between ear infection and neck swelling and will help in planing for treatment.

Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor