Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Suffering from disc dessication with major poster o-central profusion impairing both L5, thigh and leg pain on hard movements. Remedy?

hii i m 52 yrs!gender-male.. i m suuffering from disc dessication with major posterocentral profusion impairing both L5 nerve roots.. due to this;i;m suffering terribly.. my thighs and legs are in pain when i do hard movements!i have to sit down put my legs straight so as the pain is reduced! please can you give me some solution about how can i alleviate my pain and be cure? thanks in advance.. waiting for your reply !
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case.

Due to compression of this nerve root there is pain in your thigh

Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.

I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.
MRI shows disc compressing on nerve root then surgical decompression is permanent solution.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Answered: Fri, 1 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor