Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suffering from diabetes, fibromyalgia, sinus. Blood test show low levels in immune tests. Which physician should I consult?

What type of physician should one see for second opinion when they are currently diagnosis with Type 2 diabetes , fibromyalgia , and are constantly getting sinus infections? Recent blood test indicate low levels in various immune tests. Currently seeing 3 different physician: General, Rheumatogist, and one for Allergies.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
You need to ensure that your immune system has the capacity to fight infections and that part of the fibromyalgiz symptoms are not actually secondary to underlying infections.
An Immunologist/Allergist should be able to request antibody levels (IgG,IgA,IgM) along with specific antibodies to check that these levels are normal. Diabetes can lead to a secondary immunodeficiency and chronic rhinosinusitis then becomes common.
Answered: Tue, 10 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor