Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Suffering from depression, unable to walk more than half an hour, suicidal feelings. Suggestions ?

Dear Sir, One of relative is suffering from DEPPRESION, (37 yrs. old, MALE) from last 2 years. We have consulted lots of Doctors but all in vain. He is not able to walk in SUNLIGHT for more than haif an hour, sometime he think to commit suicide . We don t understand what should we do? Please suggest what to do? Thanks & Regards, AAAAA YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
It seems that your relative is having chronic depression resulting in suicidal tendency.
You have to take this seriously and consult psychiatrist as early as possible.
Initially it will take 10-15 days for medicine to work so you continue the medicine.
Once medicine will start working he will feel better.
Then he may require counseling with psychologist.
So without changing doctors you continue the treatment of expert.
If there is problem or no improvement ask your doctor.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 10 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor