Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Suffering from depression, anger issues with no improvement. What can help?

hello sir,my brother is suffering from depression and quickly get angry.From last 6 years he is under treatment but there is no improvement in his when he get angry then he throw n breaks all the things like mobile,bike or some time car also and after that he said that mujhe kuch samaj nai aata h .We dont know what to do please help me.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Anger problems are common in psychiatric disorders. Physical aggression may be the symptom of a more severe underlying psychiatric issue that needs to be addressed immediately. Although you have give me very little information about your brother, it is clear that he is suffering and needs psychiatric help. The sooner you get him to a psychiatrist, the better it would be.

I hope this helped. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic.
From the description that you have stated it appears that he may be having an agitated type of depression. You can also get an EEG done to rule out the possibility of Temporal lobe epilepsy. If you are not satisfied with the treatment, you should express so to your psychiatrist. There are various other medications that can be tried. Also insist your psychiatrist to consider behavioural therapy for your brother.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Sudden outbursts of anger and violence can be due to psychiatric problems, personality problems, or sometimes, due to a form of epilepsy. Your brother needs a detaied evaluation and psychological assessment to ascertain the cause of his problems.

Further treatment will depend on the likely cause. If it is due to a psychiatric problem or a behavioural problem, then there are effective treatment options in the form of medication and counselling which can help. So, please take him to a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor