Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suffering from depression and anxiety. Any cure?

Hi, I have been suffering from anxiety as it proved from the below symptons in me. 1.I feel anxiety and hands get shakes all the time. 2.I never used to give the seminars in my studies when i had seminars i used to escape. 3.I have got the job when the time i have to give my self introduction i really get high scared and my hearbeat gets increased at the max and i even dont know the time what i was talking. i keep to avoid public meets and seminars. 4.I feel myself die is the small deal than giving public talks. 5.I bother and scare about future public meets and so on.. 6.I feel uncomfortable in public and always try to be away from public. 7.I have many long term goals but my anxiety and fearness not letting me reach there. even i cant think about those. 8.I do work in office more than my colleques but they only get more appreciation than me. 9.I dont like many people look at me same time.I dont want to recognize in many people. 10.I have good knowledge but without expressing it is going to waste.sometimes i feel better to go for sucide. Please how do i get rid from this hell anxiety. Thanks,
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Hello srinivas9912
Welcome to Health Care Magic

I can understand your feelings, and for you reassurance I just want to tell you that this is not Depression, a lot of people have anxiety while facing public or while presenting a seminar. This thing is occurring in out of proportion. It is also called Social Phobia or Phobic Disorder.
Individuals with social phobia usually have problem in facing public, in presenting seminars, in asking question in class or in group discussion, in expressing themselves to any person of higher status, some times they face difficulty in talking to female colleagues also. They can't face new people. In any of situation shakiness, restlessness, palpitations, sweating, dryness of throat are seen.
But treatment is available for this problem, both psychological and medicinal treatment are available. Combination of these is best for early recovery.
- Psychological management includes, Relaxation exercises, breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, assertiveness training. Try to practice the presentation at home alone again and again, then gradually present in front of some close friend, increase the level by presenting in front of small group. Make small goals in small steps and gradually proceed.
- Medicines like Benzodiazepines like clonazepam can be taken in low doses for episodic control of anxiety. Some medicines like Propranolol are very effective in social phobia, they are taken just 1 hour before any presentation and help to diminish the signs of anxiety. Before starting any medicine kindly consult a good Psychiatrist.

Take Care
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Gustav Gous's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
What you seem to be suffering from is Agora phobia, a fear of public places and people. Yes there is very definitely treatment for your condition You need to see a psychiatrist as soon as possible. Treatment consists of medication as well as psychotherapy. Many people have been helped with this problem before.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor