Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Suffering from depression. Bleeding moles. Should I be concerned?

Hi I m 22 years old (almost 23) and have been on birth control (Levlen) for three months. I ve recently been put on a lower dose (Loette) as I was suffering depression symptoms. This morning I noticed that one of the moles that I ve had for about 5 years now was bleeding . It s like part of the mole was coming away from the rest of my skin. It s a pinkish hue, oval, and raised (all as it had been for 5 years). I ve never had any trouble with moles in the past before and I was just wondering whether this was a symptom of the birth control or whether it s anything to worry about. I ve made an appointment with my doctor but it s not till next week, so I was wondering whether someone can help?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query..
I do not think that this could be caused by a pill change or any contraceptive pill..However, as we know, any change in a pre existing mole in terms of size/surface/texture should be evaluated or possibly biopsied. If possible ,I would suggest a complete excisional biopsy for the same.That should completely remove it and prevent any further possibilities in the future of causing a concern.
Take care!
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor