Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffering from dengue fever, elevated enzyme levels, high SGPT, SGOT levels. Can I consume alcohol?

I had suffered from dengue fever and got discharged from hospital in mid October 2012 with elevated enzymes levels. On 18/10/12 my SGPT level was 135 , SGOT 79, GGTP 159. On 29/10/12 it was 39/30/82 respectively. on 20/11/12 it was 32/26/42 respectively. Till date as a precuationary measure i have no consumed alcohol. I propose to start consuming alcohol now. Can I start to consume alcohol now? I continued smoking after discharge from hospital. Pls advice.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  317
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
There is no state of health which would permit alcohol and smoking. Thus my sincere advice would be not to start alcohol intake and stop smoking as well.
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor