Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suffering from cough, cold, running nose. Taking Delcon syrup. What more can i do?

HI All, My son is suffering from cough and cold from the past two days. She is having running nose , cough and Sneezing like anything.. he is not having enough milk and even reduced his diet as well. Delcon syrup 3 ml thrice a day is the medication prescribed by my doctor. Please suggest me any other effective medication or home remedies. My Son is 12 months old.. (1 year, 6 days).. Thanks, Pavithra
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  3758
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Bavith,

Thanks for posting on HCM,
Your son is suffering is suffering an upper respiratory tract infection and it seems your doctor has already prescribed a combination of drugs that can help relieve your son. The delcon syrup contains Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2 mg(antihistamine) Paracetamol 125 mg (analgesia/antipyretic) Phenylpropanolamine HCL 12.5 mg (decongestant) which will treat your son symptomatically. Generally URTI are caused by viruses or allergy and if the treatment does not subside the symptoms there is the likely possibility of bacteria being the cause of the affection. If the symptoms persist after about 2 days, please go back and meet your doctor. Keep the child warm and prepare him some hot soup or tea to drink.

Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor