Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suffering from cough, cold and throat irritation. Blood in phlegm. Surgery advised. Taking ofloxacin and omodazole. Need second opinion

I am amar kumar 29 year old suffring from cough & cold mainly irritation in nose to throat,I feel very difficult in sitution when I got infected by virous or somthing else which make me sick, a yeiiow bulgam after 3 to 4 days started to occour for continue period for 15 days to 30 days.somtimes blood like substance seems in bulgam, nose blockness remains almost through out year, my doctor says it is sinus and you will have get to surgery,in recent days he precribed medicines like nosy care, ofloxacin and omodazole tablets,leekuf etc,I want to know wheather I am getting best treatment as my problem increses year after year?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  582
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding nasal discharge and obstruction, cough andirritation in throat along with blood in sputum. You are already being examined by a doctor who adviced you for operation.

As per your symptoms it is likely to go for these investigations-

(a) C.T. scan of paranasal sinuses.

(b) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.

By this C.T. scan of sinuses we can know about involvement of osteomeatal complex and the extent of disease, C /S report tell us about infection. thus if sinuses are found to be having thickened mucosa and Osteomeatal unit is blocked and is due to infection than surgery is recomonded but on the other hand if all this is because of allergy than conservative treatment will be helpfull.

Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor