Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suffering from cough and colds, is it due to allergy or infection ?

hi i m 43 yrs old,female and my concern was just ,in just a few months my vision has a problem i couldn t read clearly and i need to go far from the object esp.small letters which it was hardly to explain how this happen to me since then i am 20/20 perfectly.Admit it happen when you getting old an age like me but always i have a teary eyes and it was irritated esp.during colds and cough.And i also suffer from sneezing,runny nose and it so itchy i also experiencing phlegm even without cough.Pls. help me to find remedy for this problem because i know its not normal to have like this situation.I want to know if it is an allergy or infection or any other cause of problem.Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
In young individuals, the natural lens of the eye is soft and flexible means can easily change its shape, allowing it to focus on objects near the eye. As the years pass,old age, the lens loses its flexibility and can no longer vary according to the focus of the eye. This condition usually becomes noticeable between 40 and 50 years of age.

Being able to see 20/20 does not necessarily mean that you do not need glasses.Your eyes may be taking stress or you willnot be able to see 20/20 letters for,you need vision checkup.
For your sneezing and related problems ,take sitopladi choornam 1 tsf thrice daily for 15 days(ayurvedic).Watch for things that cause the problem or allergy.You need a through check up for that.
Answered: Tue, 5 Apr 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
The vision problem is due to Presbyopia which is common after 40, consult a Ophthalmologist you may need glasses while reading, do not strain your eyes.
You also have Allergic Rhinitis, which is also commonly known as Hay Fever. Get yourself examined by a ENT Specialist and get a Blood Work up done, especially Eosinophil count. You need medications for this. During the pollen season, you should remain indoors in an air conditioned atmosphere whenever possible.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Tue, 5 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor