Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Suffering from congenital hydronephrosis. On Septrin prophylaxis. No improvement. What to do?

my baby suffers from congenital hydronephrosis G 3 with reflux of G 5 on right and G1 on left. He is on Septrin prophylaxis since the age of 2 months and that time his Creatinine level was only 19 micmol /l He is now 6 months and despite latest ultrasound showed some improvement on the right side becoming G 2 hydronephrosis but his creatinine has elevated from 31 to 37 micmol/l in 6 weeks! was it Septrine or teething or he needs intervention from urologist on the sationary left side that didn t show improvement?! I need a second opinion
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query.
Refluxes tend to resolve in the first year of life and resolution continues till 5 years age. Your child needs to be on chemoprohylaxis. As far as serum creatinine is concerned, it is lower in the early days of life and gradually increases as the child grows. That is the normal trend. Since his grades have gone down you should not worry. We would like to know whether his kidney is scarring or not. He will need a DMSA scan and then follow up scans. We are more interested on the level at which his creatinine settles down. He also needs a few more tests like renal dynamic scan to comment on individual function of the kidneys and unobstructed passage of urine from them. If he has voiding difficulties we need to rule a posterior urethral valves and also improper functioning of the bladder. You can get a second opinion from a pediatric surgeon also.
Hope that helps
God bless you
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor