Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chronic lower back pain, numbness in legs. Several buldging, degenerative discs. Advisable treatment?

I am a 39 yr old Male and suffer from longtime chronic severe lower back pain with numbness and pain in my legs.Over the past couple months this pain and leg neuropathy/pain and numbness has made me near bedridden.I also have noticed my urine and sweat smell like cat urine.I AM VERY CONCERNED AS MY BACK HAS SEVERAL BULDGING,DEGENERATIVE discs.Please help..I am in excrutiating pain and neurosurgeon has sent me to pain management and they did not write me anything for the pain as he requested they do.Answers and help
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.
Since you have disc problem get treayted for it as it solve most of your problem. You may require surgery for its permanent cure the type of surgery depends on the ectent and type of disc problem and treating doctor. Have adequate regular sleep, plenty of fluids, nutritious fibre diet with required calorie and regular stretching exercises of your back. Get done your blood sugar, lipid profile and LFT with urine routine. Get back with the results for further discussion. Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further management.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit K
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor