Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chronic kidney disease. Any treatment?

I have been diagnosed with CKD Stage 3a. I am having difficulty with being authorized to see a nephrologist. My doctor Verna Liss, MD has known I have CKD, yet failed to let me know this for the past three years. I am very concerned about the lack of treatment and information I am being given, and need help. Also, the lab tests ordered by Dr. Liss are not being paid by my carrier, Anthem Blue Cross. I cannot afford to pay for having my question answered.

Linda Florey

Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
The general measures which help control the progression of CKD include:
1) Control of blood pressure (BP2) LDL cholestrol
3) Strict control of blood sugars ( if you are a diabetic)
4) Quit smoking
5) Use of a class of medications known as ARBs under the supervision of a doctor
6) Appropriate diet ( need to know more reports)

Specific measures can be takebn once we know the cause of CKD
Hope this helps
Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 18 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor