Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chronic headaches, pain on one side of head, shocking sensation in nerves. Cure?

Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from severe headache from many years, but I haven t consulted any doctor so far. But from a week I am feeling more pain on one side of the head and I can feel 1-2 nerves are giving some slight shocks. I am feeling lack of concentration and disturbance with pain in the middle of forehead .
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

There are different type of HEADACHES as below and I will try to explain it in simple terms

1) MIGRAINE - its a head ache which most has some kind of prodrome (factor/symptoms/feeling) which indicates the person that he will be going to have headache soon, mostly people say some kind of aura like lights/ nausea kind of feeling is mostly precedes the onset of headache
2) CLUSTER HEADACHE:- its a headache which is associated with watering in eyes/ nose , pain in eyes , pain associate with some intense light exposure like headache,Sweaty, pale skin (pallor) on the face, one sided headache may be on right or left side.
3) TENSION HEADACHE:- its a headache with band like headache means the hurting area seems like some has tied a band around the head and is very tight.
4) TEMPORAL ARTERITIS : its as headache whit jaw pain and hurt in single area of head,
5) TRIGERMINAL NEURALGIA : pain causes electric shock like pattern
6) PSUDOTUMOR CEREBRI: Pain in middle area of head , with vision problems.

Mostly from the description it seems like a "CLUSTER HEADACHE / TRIGERMINAL NEURALGIA / PUSDOTUMOR CEREBRI)
Now following are the cause that can lead to this kind of headache and needs to checked.
Headache NORMALLY DO NOT have any UNDERLYING DISEASE (90% case have no issues),
BUT in 10% cases headaches may occasionally indicate a serious underlying medical condition,
a) brain tumor or
b) rupture of a weakened blood vessel (aneurysm)

Well the best thing is to attain a piece of mind, and for that


Consult NEUROLOGIST (brain doctor)
Here is mostly they will do
1) do physical exam
2) will probably ask for MRI SCAN OF BRAIN,
3) May need carotid ultrasound/doppler and temporal artery biopsy if suspecting TEMPORAL ARTERITIS.
4) If nothing serious mostly 90% of case are with out danger they will give pain medications that is special for the type of cause (e.g- sumatraptin for migranes , so it will be different from normal over the counter medication (available with out prescription) like ibuprofen) so necessary to consult the physician

PLEASE do not be scared , there are 90% of headache and have no issue with any kind of brain problems but for the sake of safety and piece of mind MRI / CT Will be needed.

Hope it helps.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor