Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chronic gustatory rhinitis. Have chronic post nasal drip and congestion in throat. History of pneumonia. CAT scan normal

I am suffering from chronic gustatory rhintis. I ve had chronic post nasal drip for years at night and in the morning but this condition took a turn for the worse after I had pneumonia last year. Since then I m unable to eat or drink anything without congestion collecting in the back of my throat . I ve been on allergy shots and had a CAT scan done recently all of which were a waste of time and money because they did not reveal anything. Is there any doctor in the USA that can help me. I m continuously losing weight because I m unable to eat much and I actuallyl lost my last job because after eating lunch I would still have to remain in the restroom. Can anyone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  832
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
If your condition (i.e, rhinitis) is predominanly secondary to hot & spicy foods (i.e, gustatory) then I hope you have eliminated these from your diet.
Occasionally you can have other forms of rhinitis co-existing, and a trial of ipratropium nasal spray is recommended. Other nasal sprays such as nasonex, avamys are also recommended to be used along with the ipratroipum. A CT Paranasal sinuses is also recommended to exclude other causes.
Answered: Sat, 7 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor