Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chronic fits and seizures. Taking epilex crono, levipil medication. Permanent cure?

hello sir ,i am xxxxxx. i am 27 year old. i am facing fits and seizure diseases last five year. a small calsite consist in my brain(left side) due to this fits come.i am taking medicine regularly 1.epilex crono 300 mg(day)--------------500mg (night) 2.levipil 500mg (day)----------------------500mg (night) can this be cure if yes then plz answer me asap
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
After going through your history,you know this disease is may not be cured in most cases but can almost always be controlled with very good drugs now as in your case.
I am happy to know that you take medicines regularly,please continue to take your medicines regularly both the drugs are fine and please follow up with your Physician /Neurologist regularly as asked by them.
Please do not stop drugs without consulting your treating doctor.
Once you have sufficient seizure free interval your doctor may try to take off drugs gradually.
If it is not possible many times treatment may be lifelong.
But there are many diseases in which treatment is life long.
Please take care of yourself
Good Luck.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor