Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Suffering from chest congestion, taking antibiotics Calvum forte. Can I give him brandy?

My son has chest congestion. We came to know about it after we did the x-ray of chest. The doctor has given him antibiotic clavum forte. But after 1 week or so I still feel his body a bit warm and that he complains of chest pain when he deep breathes.I am also giving him ginger juice one teaspoon three times a day along with the medicine also at night garlic juice 1/4 teaspoon. Both the juices with honey . Since he does not have fever , I needed advice on could i give dr. brandy with honey. His antibiotic course would get over by saturday. Please advice.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
You don't mention how old your son is. You should not give a child any alcohol. Also, do not take alcohol when taking antibiotics. If he is over 18 years and not on antibiotics then brandy probably won't do him any harm but there is no evidence that it will help him get over his symptoms either.
Answered: Sun, 2 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor