Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from bouts of urinary infection, causing pain in groin and back. History of Gonorrhoea and Epidmitis. Cause for the symptoms?

HiI,in 1982 I contracted Gonorrhea after a one off affair, which I passed on to my husband. He did not and still does not know. I was treated and my Dr. prescribed antibiotics for my husband. (Reason for this was tp save my marriage).Dr. re-tested me a month later after having sex with husband and told I was clear so it would appear husband was too. Some years later husband had epididimytis which was treated with antibiotics and some time later it recurred this time affecting one of his testicles which had to be removed. Three years ago he had a couple of bouts of a urinary infection and now his groin and back hurt. He is back to the Dr for checks. Would the original gonorrhea not have been effectively treated or does it mean that because he had gonorrhea he will continue to fall victim to these ongoing symptoms? What will happen? Is the Dr. able to treat him properly by blood and urine tests without me having to confess? It seems obvious the symptoms are linked. I want him to be well.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Gonorrhea in 1982 which you transmitted to your husband .He was treated successfully and since then getting repeated episodes of Epididymitis and Orchitis to the extent of so that one of his testis has to be removed.
Do not get confused that this could be due to the gonorrhea that might have been no been treated properly at that of point of time.
Repeat his blood tests to rule out STD and Gonorrhea.
There is no need for you to confess as this may put you in difficult and grave situation and may damage your relationship.
Concentrate on getting proper and good treatment to him.
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor