Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suffering from bouts of abdominal pain with vomiting. Suffered from food poisoning from pack of sushi. What could be the reason, Is it diet related?

I am suffering from bouts of abdominal pain with some vomiting . I m pretty sure about 3 months ago i suffered food poisoning from a pack of sushi from a supermarket, and since then every 3-4 weeks i get the same stomoach pains and vomiting, it lasts a few hours rarely more, but given what i had eaten yesterday with the last bout, I fail to see its diet related. I had eaten 2 wraps of ham and salad, with new ham and wholemeal wraps. no diarrohea. although I can suffer seperate instances of this which I think may be related to lactose intolerance at the very least
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi thus seems to be a case of chronic gastroenteritis, amoebiasis. It woukd be advised that u keep a check of your dietary habits, particularly a check on food hygeine. It would be good to take a course of metronidazole 400mg thrice a day for 5 days. Take a good folic acid supplement once a day for one month. You will be absolutely fine. Get well soon.
Dr anchal
Answered: Tue, 26 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. A.K.Pandey's  Response
take some Antacids, like digene gel about 20 ml in a glass of water, for pain.
can take tab domperidon 10 mg for vomiting if occur.
avoid spicy diet, low fiber diet and donot let stomach empty for long time.
this is not related with prior incidence of food poisoning, nor this is lactose intolrance.
Answered: Tue, 26 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. You might be having peptic ulcer gall stones allergy to some foods or food habbits.
I advise you to consult a gastroenterologist. You may have to get gastroscopy u.s.scaning and blood tests. etc.
Besides i advise some diet recomendations as eat more of curd with food. avoid spices chillies
Answered: Tue, 26 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor