Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Suffering from bone tenderness in ribs, sternum, hands. Normal calcium levels and bone marrow report. Any suggestions?

i have been having bone tenderness for the last 20 years.started when i was 20 years old. checked calcium levels and other tests.all nothing significant. it started from my long bones in both leg at the lower it has extended into the middle.for the last 7 years that whole area there is no growth of hair. tenderness is there in the ribs and sternum also.not in my hand bones or other bones. when it started,i had undergone a bone marrow test.which was also not the doctor asked for me to wait and watch if anything develops that will tell us more.but i never went back to the doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I want to suggest you to go for following tests.
1.calcium, phosphoras and alkaline phosphatase
2. Bone mineral density
if these test shows that there is osteoporosis then you need following treatment.
1.calcium and vitamin D3
2. Osteofos once a week
3. healthy calcium rich diet like milk, egg, fish
4. light exercises like walking and swimming
Answered: Sat, 5 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor