Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Suffering from body pain, chills and fever. On advil. Feeling dizzy. How long will it take to get cured?

My 7 yr. old son complained of body aches a few days ago. He woke up this morning with chills and has had a fever since then. 103.5 now. I bathed him, using luke warm towels to cool his body. I have given him his second dosage of Advil for fever. He also complained of dizziness and now while trying to sleep he sees lines when eyes are closed. What else can I do? And how long should this last?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
i think due to 103.5 temperature he see lines when eyes were closed.
You should go on colon water sponging on body to decrease his temperature along with medicine you have given.
If you do not get response than you consult your doctor.He will advise you for blood work that will help to diagnose the cause of fever.
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. Seven years child runnig with 103 temperature
means you should immediately rush to a pediatrician. He may need to get
tests TC DC ESR QBC WIDAL etc get done to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope you are satisfied with my reply. Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor