Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Suffering from bladder problem, small drops while urinating. Adviced Minipress, Solifenacin. Will it increase the problem ?

Hi I am AAAA. I have been suffering from bladder problem since last 10 years . I have been getting small drop of water during urination . I consulted doctor who diagnosed KUB,RGU,MCU,Uroflometery, Urodynamics, Cystoscopy . It has been found 26 % pvr . Doctor adviced me Minipress Xl 5mg , Solifenacin 5mg . I started to take this medicine since last 15 days i have to force more for urination . Can anybody suggest me it would get hard to urinate after taking above medicine . What is minimum time period to get effect of medicine .
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

It appears as though you have been diagnosed with benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). This is normal in males above the age of 50 years, and is thus an age-related condition. I would recommend the investigation serum PSA, which is routinely conducted in all patients diagnosed with an enlarged prostate to rule out other more serious causes of prostatic enlargement.

Now coming to the medications, these medications are good and effective. But, please note that with a PVR (post voidal residue) of 26 %, the more feasible treatment option would be a minor procedure called TURP (transurethral resection of prostate).

But, it is always advised to initiate medical treatment before planning for surgery. Medical management can help, although not as effective as surgery, and leads to a slow and gradual change. You will have to give your medication some time to improve, as the main aim of these medications is to prevent progression of the condition, and to reduce the size of the prostate, only by a small and negotiable amount. This is time consuming, and you might not really notice an improvement in the stream or flow or urine.

It the problem persists, I would recommend you to discuss the option of TURP, which is a minor procedure with a recovery time of 3-7 days.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor