Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Suffering from bites. Cannot find any bugs. What to do?

I have been suffering from bites for months now, I have cleaning, washed, sprayed and checked everywhere ~ there is no evidence of any kind of bug. However, sometimes I can see a small, it looks like a short piece of hair, floating in the air ~ is this the so called no see-ums. If so how on earth do I handle this?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query
I think in the current scenario, you can start taking oral anti histamine tablets to reduce any itching that you may have. You should meanwhile visit a dermatologist and allow him to take a scraping from the lesions and see it under a microscope.This helps identify any mite infestation that is occurring.Frequently , these require repeated applications till cure.
You can also apply a soothing calamine lotion like SARNA twice daily till you can visit the dermatologist and get an opinion .
Hope this is helpful.TAKE CARE!
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor