Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffering from bad flooding during menstrual. Done hysterotomy. Further?

hi doctor i am suffering from bad flooding during my menstrual has been going on for a few yrs now. i am 41 my gp has prescribed different tablets to help but nothing has.he has refered me to a hospital with a view to a hysteromy(im in favour) but i am afraid when i go that the doctor will try and offer a d&c can i get my point of view across when at the appointment?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ma'am.

Based on your age and the information peovided, the diagnosis is still unclear and for the same reason it is best to further investigate first and only after that go ahead with any procedure or treatment options.

If the hysterotomy is the right procedure based on the diagnosis then this should be done, if not the right treatment option then you should discuss the ros and cons with your doctor to help find the most suitable procedure to successfully treat your condition, even if this is not your procedure of choice, the final recovery and relief from this condition is all that should matter.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 2 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor